Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
NTT now has both a 2-day classroom and a 3-day hands-on Lab course option.
Become an expert at optimizing air conditioning and refrigeration systems in this intensive course. You’ll learn how to maintain systems so that they run safely and at peak efficiency. If you choose the LAB+ version you'll also develop your skills in hands-on exercises. You’ll help your organization maximize energy efficiency and minimize downtime spent on maintenance.
NTT is a proctor for the 608, 410A and Test of Excellence. Air Conditioning and Refrigeration testing starts at 3pm on Wednesday of the course week. Upon registering for this class, you can request a FREE copy of the EPA Certification Exam Preparatory Manual. This manual is for participants taking the ESCO 608 exam offered in these classes.
The hands-on LAB version of this course is a three-day segment within this five-day course: Air Conditioning and Refrigeration with Heating Applications. We suggest the five-day course for the most comprehensive coverage of HVAC systems.
Agenda [download course agenda]
Tools and Test Equipment
- Gauge manifold assembly
- Electronic leak detector
- Multi meter
Refrigerants and Refrigerant Oils
- Characteristics of refrigerants
- Section 608 of the Clean Air Act
- Regulatory requirements
- Types of evaporators
- Operation in a refrigeration or A/C system
- Effects of capillary tube length and size
- Thermostatic expansion valves
- Types of condensers
- In a refrigeration or A/C system
Piping and Accessories
- Tubing, liquid receivers, sight glass
Heat Pump Theory and Components
- Compressor, evaporator, condenser
Hands-On Lab Exercises
- Installing and removing a manifold gauge set
- Recovering refrigerant evacuating (pulling a vacuum)
- Charging a system by weight and by superheat
- Working with service valves and Schrader cores