Electrical Safety: NFPA 70E Overview
THIS TRAINING PROGRAM IS ELIGIBLE FOR AN EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OF $100 IF REGISTERED 60 DAYS OUT (OR MORE) AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED AT CHECKOUT!
At the end of this training program attendees will be able to:
- Identify hazards and NFPA 70E mitigation methods associated with electricity
- Identify basic requirements for an electrical safety program
- Perform Shock and Arc Flash Risk Assessments
- Complete a Job Safety Plan
- Create an Electrically Safe Work Condition
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
NEW – This course is now available via our interactive Live Online Training format. Live Online Training course length and content may vary from our in-classroom content. Click Here to ask us about the differences.
Available both Live On-line and at your location, this course is intended for electrical workers, supervisors, managers responsible for electrical workers and HES personnel who are responsible for electrical safety programs and, the health and safety of workers. Throughout this course students will actively identify the requirements from the NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace in relation to performing safe electrical work in the field.
This course is designed to fit annual retraining on the NFPA70E® standard needs.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact HoursDownload Training Program PDF
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted for Continuing Education recognition by the agency.
Who Should Take This Training Program
People who will benefit from attending this course include:
• HES / Safety Personnel
What You'll Learn
This course covers the following:
• Electrical hazard identification and mitigation
• Electrical safety program requirements
• How to NFPA 70E Risk Assessment requirements to: Identify boundaries, barricade location and electrical (PPE)
• How to create a Job Safety Plan for safe electrical work
• Practice creating an Electrically Safe Work Condition (LOTO) using the NTT Electrical Safety Risk Assessment Checklist and the NTT 3D Simulator
Training Program Description
Identify the Hazards and Mitigation Methods
• Shock and Burn injuries: Outline of Annex K Statistics
• Define in Article 100: Qualified Person, Working On, Electrically Safe Work Condition, energized Electrical Work Permit and discuss how each helps mitigate electrical incidents
The Electrical Safety Work Program
• Article 110, General Requirements for Electrical Safety-related Work Practices
Perform Shock and Arc Flash Risk Assessments
• Use NTT work orders as scenarios
• Review of 130.4 and 130.5
• Flow charts in 70E
Complete a Job Safety Plan
Using NTT App, document on their notepad, check off JSP in App
• Perform a Risk Assessment
• Select PPE
• Verify Condition of Equipment
• Setup Protection Boundaries
• Establish an ESWC
Create an Electrically Safe Work Condition (LOTO)
• Using the NTT Electrical Safety Risk Assessment Checklist and the NTT 3D Simulator (or the JSP Checklist in NFPA 70E when 3D Simulator is not available)
• Course Evaluations
• Assessment: Use NTT 3D Simulator in “Test Mode”For BOTH Live-Online and In-classroom training students should bring the following PPE to class for use:
• PPE Category 2 including Face Shield
• Voltage-rated rubber gloves, leather protectors
• Arc-flash suit and hood (typically rated at 40 cal/cm2 or more), and arc-rated gloves
NTT Training is actively monitoring the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Upcoming events may be impacted by daily changes made by National, State, and Local entities regarding events, travel, and quarantine. Contact us regarding questions for your schedule at 1-855-712-7353.
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Training Program Schedule
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Training Program Pricing
8-hour Lecture: $500 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training or as a standalone. As such, training time depends on training program length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (855) 712-7353 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss your unique needs.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training