Principles of Bearings & Lubrication
THIS TRAINING PROGRAM IS ELIGIBLE FOR AN EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OF $100 IF REGISTERED 60 DAYS OUT (OR MORE) AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED AT CHECKOUT!
At the end of this training program attendees will be able to:
- Learn the different bearing systems, including their function, load tolerance and lifespan.
- Discover how to anticipate maintenance requirements, reduce unnecessary system downtime and correct the situation quickly and effectively.
- Learn to how to specify, purchase, install, maintain or repair bearing based systems.
- Certification: This training program is approved by and can to lead to certification through North American Technician Excellence (NATE). Testing for this certification is administered by a NATE testing organization.
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
NEW – This course is now available via our interactive Live Online Training format. Live Online Training course length and content may vary from our in-classroom content. Click Here to ask us about the differences.
The Bearings and Lubrication Principles training gives you the knowledge and techniques to significantly reduce operating and energy costs and extend the life of your rotating equipment. Learn the different bearing systems, including their function, load tolerance and lifespan. Discover how to anticipate maintenance requirements, reduce unnecessary system downtime and correct the situation quickly and effectively.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact HoursDownload Training Program PDF
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion with 8 contact hours (.8 CEUs) per day attended. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted.
Who Should Take This Training Program
This training will help anyone who has to specify, purchase, install, maintain or repair bearing based systems. If you work with mechanical and rotating equipment – then you’ll get a lot out of this course. This is also a great cross-training for general maintenance, electricians and engineering personnel.
People who will benefit from this training include:
- Apprentice and experienced HVAC technicians
- Owners & managers
- Support staff
- Warehouse employees
- Maintenance Technicians
- Energy management personnel
- Plant & facility maintenance technicians
- Building engineers
- Building managers & superintendents
- Plant & facility managers
- Stationary engineers
- Safety directors
- Multi-craft personnel
- Anyone who needs cross-training on rotating equipment
What You'll Learn
Agenda topics include:
- Main parts and characteristics and series
- Proper mounting methods
- Bearing duplexing
- Troubleshooting and inspecting
- Preventive measures for extending bearing life
- Bearing nomenclature
- Retainer styles and application
- Grade and precision
- Shaft bore fits
- Commercial grade and precision grade
- Removal, interchange and pre-loading
- Function of lubrication and selection of grease and oils
- Lubrication systems and set-up
Training Program Description
- Basic concepts
- The relationship between power, speed and torque
- Calculate the linear velocity of a rotating component
- Calculate speed ratio
- Efficiency and service factors
- Types and terms
- Installation and maintenance of bearings
- Troubleshoot bearing failures
- Select bearings
- Shaft and housing fits
- Bearing materials of construction
- Types and installation of precision ball bearings
- Tapered roller bearings
- Select the right lubricant
- The right lubrication method and amount
- Test procedures
- Flash and fire points
- Bearing operating environment
- Method to apply fluid lubricants
COUPLINGS AND ALIGNMENT
- Selecting a coupling
- Energy savings
- Shaft centerlines
- Shaft alignment process and its importance
- Different types of soft foot
- Shaft versus coupling alignment
- Different types of flexible couplings
- Coupling installation and interference fit
- Comparison of couplings
NTT Training is actively monitoring the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Upcoming events may be impacted by daily changes made by National, State, and Local entities regarding events, travel, and quarantine. Contact us regarding questions for your schedule at 1-855-712-7353.
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Training Program Schedule
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Training Program Pricing
2-Day Lecture Only: $ 1,095 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training or as a standalone course. As such, training time depends on course length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or Contact NTT Training to discuss your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training