Principles of Bearings & Lubrication
This training program is eligible for an early bird discount of $100 if registered 60 days out (or more) and will be automatically applied at checkout!
At the end of this training program attendees will be able to:
- Learn the different bearing systems, including proper selection, and installation procedures.
- Learn the basics of industry testing, specifying and application of lubricants.
- Learn coupling types and characteristics.
- Certification: This training program is approved by and can lead to certification through North American Technician Excellence (NATE). Testing for this certification is administered by a NATE testing organization.
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
NEW – This course is now available via our interactive Live Online Training format. Live Online Training course length and content may vary from our in-classroom content. Click Here to ask us about the differences.
The Bearings and Lubrication Principles course gives you the knowledge and techniques to significantly reduce operating and energy costs and extend the life of your rotating equipment. In addition to bearings and lubrication this course also covers basic coupling systems and shaft alignment.
Learn the different bearing and coupling systems, including their function, load tolerance and operating characteristics. The lubrication chapter will present industry test methods used to define various lubricant characteristics, lubrication chemistry and proper application methods. This course will help anyone who has to specify, purchase, install, maintain or repair bearing and coupling systems.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact HoursDownload Training Program PDF
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted for Continuing Education recognition by the agency.
Who Should Take This Training Program
This training will help anyone who has to specify, purchase, install, maintain or repair bearing based systems. If you work with mechanical and rotating equipment – then you’ll get a lot out of this course. This is also a great cross-training for general maintenance, electricians and engineering personnel.
People who will benefit from this training include:
- Plant & facility maintenance technicians
- Apprentice and experienced HVAC technicians
- Energy management personnel
- Building engineers
- Plant & facility managers
- Stationary engineers
- Anyone who needs cross-training on rotating equipment
What You'll Learn
Agenda topics include:
- Bearing types and nomenclature
- Bearing selection, installation, pre-loading and alignment considerations
- Troubleshooting and inspecting of bearings
- Grade and precision of bearings
- Shaft bore and housing fits
- Lubrication fundamentals and selection of grease and oils
- Automatic lubrication systems
- Coupling types, function and nomenclature
- Coupling and shaft alignment
Training Program Description
MODULE I: Power-Transmission Physics
- Basic concepts
- The relationship between power, speed and torque
- Calculate the linear velocity of a rotating component
- Calculate speed ratio
- Efficiency and service factors
MODULE II: Bearings
- Types and nomenclature
- Covers both friction and rolling element bearings
- Covers both mounted and unmounted categories
- Installation and maintenance of bearings
- Troubleshoot bearing failures
- Selection considerations for bearings
- Shaft and housing fits
MODULE III: Lubrication
- Select the right lubricant
- The right lubrication method and amount
- Terminology including viscosity, fire point flash point, NLGI number and many other characteristics
- Industry test procedures
MODULE IV: Couplings and Alignment
- Selecting a coupling
- Energy savings
- Shaft alignment process and its importance
- Different types of soft foot
- Shaft versus coupling alignment
- Different types of flexible couplings
- Coupling installation and interference fit
MODULE V: Power Transmission Formulas and Conversions
NTT Training is actively monitoring the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Upcoming events may be impacted by daily changes made by National, State, and Local entities regarding events, travel, and quarantine. Contact us regarding questions for your schedule at 1-855-712-7353.
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Select Training Location and Date:
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Training Program Pricing
2-Day Lecture Only: $ 1,095 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training or as a standalone course. As such, training time depends on course length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or Contact NTT Training to discuss your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training