Electrical Print Reading: Blueprints & Schematics
THIS TRAINING PROGRAM IS ELIGIBLE FOR AN EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OF $100 IF REGISTERED 60 DAYS OUT (OR MORE) AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED AT CHECKOUT!
At the end of this training program attendees will be able to:
- Read and interpret electrical blueprints, architectural electrical drawings, and construction blueprints
- Understand common components of electrical systems
- Review prints for errors and National Electric Code compliance
- Conduct basic troubleshooting of electrical systems
- Certification: This training program is approved by and can to lead to certification through North American Technician Excellence (NATE). Testing for this certification is administered by a NATE testing organization.
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
NEW – This course is now available via our interactive Live Online Training format. Live Online Training course length and content may vary from our in-classroom content. Click Here to ask us about the differences.
The electrical print reading training program covers the various types and purposes of electrical prints, and teaches the skills needed to interpret them properly.
Participants will also review photos of electrical devices and equipment along with their ANSI symbols and ratings. They will also examine diagrams and schedules as they would be in a typical construction project.
Also, participants will learn how to review prints for errors and National Electrical Code® (NEC) compliance in voltage drop, conductor sizing, conductor fill, short-circuit analysis, kVA ratings, service calculations and more. Participants of the electrical print reading training program will also learn to design and sketch simple electrical systems and circuits.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact HoursDownload Training Program PDF
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted for Continuing Education recognition by the agency.
Who Should Take This Training Program
If you do, or are about to, work with electricity, then this training program is for you. Whether you work in hotels,schools, airports, or manufacturing plants, we have you covered because we designed this training for people of all skill levels who need to maintain or fix electrical systems.
People who will benefit from this training include:
- HVAC Technicians
- Machine Operators
- Alarm Technicians
- Facility Managers
- Non-Electrical Engineers
- Plant & Building Engineers
- Stationary Engineers
- Plant & Facility Managers
- Multi-craft/Cross Training Personnel
What You'll Learn
Learn how to properly interpret electrical drawings, construction blue prints and schedules. Apply NEC® compliance rules and look for errors. Examine and discuss basic electrical concepts such as voltage drop, conductor fill, short-circuit analysis, kVA ratings, and service calculations.
Topics covered during this training include:
- Introduction to Reading and Interpreting Prints
- Architectural Electrical Drawings & Construction Blueprints
- Single-Line Type Diagrams
- Basic Electrical Drawings
- Common Components
Training Program Description
INTRODUCTION TO READING AND INTERPRETING PRINTS
- Different electrical prints
- Drawing layout
ARCHITECTURAL ELECTRICAL DRAWINGS CONSTRUCTION BLUEPRINTS
- Electrical devices and corresponding ANSI recommended symbols
- Plan views
- Floor plans
- Pictorial views
- Detail drawings
SINGLE-LINE TYPE DIAGRAMS
- Block diagrams
- Power risers
- Wiring diagrams
- Device function numbers
- One-line power distribution diagram
- IEEE and IEC symbols for devices found on schematic diagrams
- Electrical schematic diagrams
- NEMA and IEC symbols
- Voltage, resistance, continuity checks
- Manual and automatic circuits
- Typical Problems
NTT Training is actively monitoring the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Upcoming events may be impacted by daily changes made by National, State, and Local entities regarding events, travel, and quarantine. Contact us regarding questions for your schedule at 1-855-712-7353.
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Training Program Schedule
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Centennial, CO12/08/2021 - 12/09/2021
Live Online Training, CO02/17/2022 - 02/18/2022
Centennial, CO05/18/2022 - 05/19/2022
Live Online Training, CO05/19/2022 - 05/20/2022
Live Online Training, CO07/07/2022 - 07/08/2022
Live Online Training, CO09/29/2022 - 09/30/2022
Live Online Training, CO11/21/2022 - 11/22/2022
Centennial, CO12/07/2022 - 12/08/2022
Training Program Pricing
2-Day Lecture: $1,095 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training, or as a standalone course. As such, training time depends on training program length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or Contact NTT Training to discuss pricing and your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training