Fluid Power Industrial Hydraulic Mechanic Certification
At the end of this seminar students will be able to:
- Perform preventative maintenance techniques, fluid filtration, component assembly, field repairs and shop repairs.
- Understand hydraulic symbols, read system schematics, understand electrical principles, use hand tools, micrometers, and testing equipment.
- Why This Seminar
- Who Should Take This Seminar
- What You'll Learn
- Seminar Description
- Price & Schedule
Why You should take this seminar
The International Fluid Power Society is the only organization that provides comprehensive technical certifications for all professionals in the fluid power and motion control industry.
IFPS certification tests provide an objective, third-party assessment of an individual’s skill level and are recognized industry-wide. Individuals who successfully master a level of competency are issued a credential signifying an elevated status in the workforce.
An industrial hydraulic mechanic fabricates, assembles, services, maintains, and tests industrial hydraulic equipment. The mechanic understands hydraulic symbols, reads system schematics, understands electrical principles, and is skilled in using hand tools, power tools, micrometers, and testing equipment.Download Seminar PDF
Who Should Take This Seminar
This course is for anyone involved in the fabrication, assembly, servicing, maintenance, and testing of industrial hydraulic equipment. Also, mechanics required to understand hydraulic symbols, read system schematics, understand electrical principles, use hand tools, micrometers, and testing equipment.
What You'll Learn
This seminar is a review in preparation for taking the Industrial Hydraulic Mechanic Certification exam.
Topics you will learn and need to demonstrate include:
- Preventative maintenance techniques, fluid filtration, component assembly, field repairs and shop repairs.
- Understanding of hydraulic symbols, reading system schematics, understanding electrical principles, use of hand tools, micrometers, and testing equipment.
This seminar consists of three days of intensive review and hands –on practice for the Industrial Hydraulic Mechanic certification test which will be held on the fourth day.
All Industrial Hydraulic Mechanic certifications require a three (3)-hour job performance (hands-on) test and a three (3)-hour written test.
A study manual will be provided ahead of time for candidates to prepare for the Industrial Hydraulic Mechanic certification exam.
The Industrial Hydraulic Mechanic Certification Review Training covers the following areas:
- Reading of hydraulic symbols and circuit diagrams
- Use of dial calipers and micrometers
- Understanding of tube fittings and selection of the proper replacement
- Make up tube assemblies
- Know how to prevent and repair system leaks
- Perform contamination control
- Adding fluid to system with filter cart
- Aid in system flushing and commissioning
- The how, when, and where to take fluid samples
- Target Cleanliness Chart
- Checking condition of hydraulic filters and check systems for water
- Make up a crimped hose assembly
- Replacement a hose assembly
- Inspection hose applications for twist and minimum bend radius
- Service and charge accumulators
- Assisting technicians in start up and commissioning
- Promotion of safe working conditions with pressurized systems
1. Select a date and location to register
Training Review Session & Certification Exam: $ 1,499/participant
Days 1-3: Lab Training Review Session
Day 4: Industrial Hydraulic Mechanic Exams
Exam Registration & Payment is made to IFPS – International Fluid Power Society
Written Exam: $170/member or $260/non-member
Job Performance (Hands-On) Test: $140/member or $175/non-member
Please call (800) 922-2820 or Contact NTT Training to discuss pricing and your unique training needs.
For more information on exam & registration details please visit: www.IFPS.org
Don’t see a local seminar in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training