Fluid Power Hydraulic Specialist Certification
At the end of this seminar students will be able to:
- Have a strong understanding of technical skills required for the fluid power and motion control industry professionals.
- Obtain credentials signifying an elevated status in the workforce.
- Prepare and have a better understanding of the Hydraulic Specialist certification exam.
- Why This Seminar
- Who Should Take This Seminar
- What You'll Learn
- Seminar Description
- Price & Schedule
Why You should take this seminar
The International Fluid Power Society is the only organization that provides comprehensive technical certifications for all professionals in the fluid power and motion control industry.
IFPS certification tests provide an objective, third-party assessment of an individual’s skill level and are recognized industry-wide. Individuals who successfully master a level of competency are issued a credential signifying an elevated status in the workforce.
A Hydraulic Specialist designs systems and writes specifications, sizes and selects hydraulic components for mobile and industrial machinery.Download Seminar PDF
Who Should Take This Seminar
This course is for those designing hydraulic systems and writing specifications, sizing and selecting hydraulic components for mobile and industrial operating machinery.
Appropriate attendees include anyone designing hydraulic systems that conform to fluid power essential practices supported by National and International Standards and Anyone who drafts hydraulic schematics using standard fluid power symbols.
What You'll Learn
This seminar is a review in preparation for taking the Hydraulic Specialist certification exam.
Topics you will learn and need to demonstrate include:
- Basic Principles, Concepts, and Terminology
- Load and Motion Analysis
- System Analysis and Troubleshooting
- System Design
- Fluids, Fluid Conductors, Fluid Filtration
- Control Components and Systems
- All Hydraulic Specialist certifications require a three(3)-hour written test.
- A study manual will be provided ahead of time for candidates to prepare for the Hydraulic Specialist certification exam.
The Certification Review training covers:
- Read circuit diagrams, size components and understand function as used in hydraulic systems.
- Analyze load & motion. Determine and perform calculations for the work profile to move loads (force, distance, work, torque, speed, velocity and power.)
- Provides ISO cleanliness level for each system.
- Specifies filtration to maintain ISO cleanliness level.
- Specifies flushing and commissioning.
- Specifies Sampling and diagnostic ports.
- Size and specify hydraulic cylinders and motors.
- Understand operating curves for proportional control valves. Identify components on the amplifier card.
- Specify hydraulic reservoirs to meet system requirements.
- Specify hydraulic accumulators for system operation.
- Calculate heat loss and size heat exchangers
- Identify properties of hydraulic fluids and compatibility with seal materials.
- Understand the use and application of biodegradable fluids.
- Analyze and trouble shoot hydraulic systems (pressure, flow, heat, vibration, noise and cycle time.
- Recognize the basic electrical control systems.
- Understand ladder logic.
- Match programmable logic controller (PLC devices with application).
- Promotes safe working conditions with pressurized systems.
1. Select a date and location to register
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
Training Review Session & Certification Exam: $ 1,349 / Participant
Days 1-3: Lab Training Review Session
Day 4: Hydraulic Specialist Exams
Registration & Payment is made to IFPS – International Fluid Power Society
Written exam: $260/member or $385/non-member
Please call (800) 922-2820 or Contact NTT Training to discuss pricing and your unique training needs.
For more information on exam & registration details please visit: www.IFPS.org
Don’t see a local seminar in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training