NFPA 70® – National Electric Code® [NEC]: Changes & Updates
THIS SEMINAR IS ELIGIBLE FOR AN EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OF $100 IF REGISTERED 60 DAYS OUT (OR MORE) AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED AT CHECKOUT!
Why You should take this seminar
This update course is for people already familiar with the code and simply need to know the updates. Innovations like Solar, Data Communication, Electric Vehicle Charging are driving the electrical industry and the NEC is updated every 3 years to reflect this. This course covers the major changes and instructors will answer your questions about specific work scenarios and applications.
While the new 2020 version of the code will be updated and officially rolling out later this year, not every state adopts the code at the same time so call us to determine which cycle version you need to comply with in your state.Download Seminar PDF
Who Should Take This Seminar
The electric code regularly changes, so both experienced electricians as well as people new to the NEC® will benefit from NTT Training’s practical and in-depth National Electrical Code®.
People who will benefit from attending this course include:
- Environmental health & safety personnel
- Apprentice and experienced HVAC technicians
- Supervisors working on or who oversee employees working on 50V or greater equipment
- Linemen & Utility workers
- Owners & managers
- Warehouse employees
- Maintenance Technicians
- Energy management personnel
- Fire Alarm Technicians
- Plant & facility maintenance technicians
- Building engineers
- Building managers & superintendents
- Plant & facility managers
- Stationary engineers
- Safety directors
What You'll Learn
This training covers the topics most needed by electrical workers including the changes for grounding and bonding, properly sizing conductors and overcurrent protection for different applications, wiring methods, motor installation and other general equipment specifics, and special topics as requested by attendees.
At the end of 2-days you will have learned NEC© Code changes including:
- Branch circuits and feeders
- Various calculations
- Conductors and over current protection
- Wiring methods
- Review of raceway and boxes
- Wiring materials: switches, switchboards and panel boards
- Motors, generators, A/C and refrigeration, plus fire pumps
- Special locations
- Understanding the rules for over current protection
- Industrial control panels (Article 409)
- Arc flash labeling (Article 110)
- Motor disconnect location rules (Article 430)
New Updates / 2020-Cycle Training Coming Soon: Innovations like Solar, Data Communication, Electric Vehicle Charging are driving the electrical industry, but not every state adopts the code at the same time so call us to determine which cycle version and which topics you need to understand so you can comply with in your state.
You will learn about the new or revised articles including:
- Article 393—Low Voltage Suspend Ceiling Power Distribution Systems
- Article 646—Modular Data Centers
- Article 728—Fire Resistant Cable Systems
- Article 750—Energy Management Systems
- Symbol requirements for controlled receptacles
- DC voltage requirements expanding
- Increasing the voltage threshold from 600 volts to 1,000 volts
- Electrical Safety labeling requirements changing and new sections added
- Increased requirements for GFCIs in laundry areas, facilities like car washes, and generator receptacles
- AFCI requirements expanding into laundry rooms and kitchens as the NEC move towards whole-house protection
- New section on Ground Fault Protection of equipment Exception for XHHW-2 conductors for specified temperature corrections for ampacity values
- Mounting of luminaires
- Increasing receptacle requirements in health care facilities
- Deleting the term “Emergency Systems” in health care facilities
- Moving several definitions from individual articles to Article 100
Alternate Energy, Green Technologies, and IT Equipment Changes
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
2-Day Lecture: $899 / Participant
This seminar may be included with other training or as a standalone class. As such, training time depends on seminar length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss pricing and your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local seminar in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training