NFPA 70E: ARC FLASH ELECTRICAL SAFETY & 2017 NATIONAL ELECTRICAL CODE®
At the end of this seminar students will be able to:
- Understand how NEC® safeguards people and property.
- Apply NFPA 70E best practices within your facility.
- Make your facility and operations compliant to the most updated codes and regulations.
- Become current with the most recent NEC® and NFPA 70E updates.
- Why This Seminar
- Who Should Take This Seminar
- What You'll Learn
- Seminar Description
- Price & Schedule
Why You should take this seminar
In this NFPA training seminar we combine installation with safe work practices – 2017 NEC® & 2015 NFPA 70E®.
Electrical safety training provides you with the education needed to complete your job safely. According to the US Department of Labor, electrocution is one of the main causes of on-the job deaths of industrial workers. Within this group, skilled trades’ personnel—electricians in particular—are two times more likely to be seriously injured or killed than non-skilled trade personnel.
This NFPA 70E and NEC® seminar meets the training requirements of OSHA rule 1910:331-335.
OSHA’s mandated training requirements apply to employees who face a risk of electric shock that is not reduced to a safe level by the electrical installation requirements of 1910.303 through 1910.308.Download Seminar PDF
Who Should Take This Seminar
People who will benefit from attending this NFPA training seminar include:
- Environmental health & safety personnel
- Apprentice and experienced HVAC technicians
- Supervisors working on or who oversee employees working on 50V or greater equipment
- Linemen & Utility workers
- Owners & managers
- Warehouse employees
- Maintenance Technicians
- Energy management personnel
- Fire Alarm Technicians
- Plant & facility maintenance technicians
- Building engineers
- Building managers & superintendents
- Plant & facility managers
- Stationary engineers
- Safety directors
What You'll Learn
Participants of the NFPA 70E training will gain an understanding of the latest 2017 additions, revision, and changes to the NEC®. The seminar is a 5-day intensive classroom program – it is split into 2 days of NFPA 70E electrical safety and 3 days of lecture around the 2017 NEC®.
Topics covered during this training include:
- Safety precautions around electricity, grounding and bonding, and more.
- NFPA 70E Arc Flash electrical safety
- Current NFPA 70E standards
- Why safe electrical work practices are important
- What can be done to ensure your organization meets all government standards for electrical safety.
2-days: NFPA 70E Electrical Safety
- Hazards of electricity (shock, arc, blast)
- Approach boundaries (shock and flash)
- Qualified vs. Unqualified vs. Licensed
- Review of safe related work practices (including test meters, over current protection)
- Risk categories using the tables in the NFPA 70E
- PPE with Arc Flash Protection (ATPV or flame retardant)
3-days: National Electrical Code® (NEC®)
- Branch circuits and feeders
- Various calculations
- Conductors and over current protection
- Wiring methods
- Review of raceway and boxes
- Wiring materials: switches, switchboards and panel boards
- Motors, generators, A/C and refrigeration, plus fire pumps
- Special locations
- Understanding the rules for over current protection
- Industrial control panels (Article 409)
- Arc flash labeling (Article 110)
- Motor disconnect location rules (Article 430)
- NEC© 2017 Code Changes
1. Select a date and location to register
5-Day Lecture: $ 2,249 / Participant
This seminar may be included with other training or as a standalone class. As such, training time depends on seminar length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (855) 712-7353 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss pricing and your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local seminar in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training