NFPA 70E: Arc Flash Electrical Safety with Practical Application Workshop & National Electric Code® – On-Site Only
At the end of this seminar students will be able to:
- Understand how NEC safeguards people and property.
- Make your facility and operations NEC compliant.
- Become current with the most recent NEC updates.
- Why This Seminar
- Who Should Take This Seminar
- What You'll Learn
- Seminar Description
- Price & Schedule
Why You should take this seminar
National Electrical Code® – a practical application workshop. If you sign up in this class, prepare to work!
- Day 1 of this workshop addresses fundamental OSHA requirements for performing electrical work.
- Days 2-4 is a practical applications class – not just the typical Code lecture class you may be used to attending.
- Day 5 of this class covers the practical side of the code: important Code calculations, the best methods to find information quickly in the Code.
- Get a new 2014 Code Book and the NTT NEC Practical Applications Workbook.
Whether new to the NEC or a seasoned electrician or engineer, this class is all about learning “how to use the Code.” Our new practical applications and calculations requirements brings the workshop courses together, and relates to Article 250 and other articles of the National Electrical Code® (NEC) as well as NFPA 70E. The practical applications and calculations section uses the code to perform calculations and solve common residential and industrial application issues, detect size conductors using tables, determine overcurrent protection (fuses and breakers), and set motor overloads, size starters, controllers, size disconnects, and conduits. You will also covers how to maintain your electrical systems with the correct grounding and bonding techniques.
If you’re looking for a shorter review of NEC®, you might be interested in the 3-day lecture witch covers the fundamentals: 2014 National Electrical Code®.
Note: 2011 National Electrical Code® is still available for areas that have not yet adopted the 2014 code cycle.
Who Should Take This Seminar
People who will benefit from attending this course include:
- Environmental health & safety personnel
- Apprentice and experienced HVAC technicians
- Supervisors working on or who oversee employees working on 50V or greater equipment
- Linemen & Utility workers
- Owners & managers
- Warehouse employees
- Maintenance Technicians
- Energy management personnel
- Fire Alarm Technicians
- Plant & facility maintenance technicians
- Building engineers
- Building managers & superintendents
- Plant & facility managers
- Stationary engineers
- Safety directors
What You'll Learn
Topics covered during training include:
- NFPA 70E Electrical Safety Awareness
- 2014 NEC®
- NEC® Practical Application & Calculations
Day 1: NFPA 70E Electrical Safety Awareness
- Hazards of electricity (shock, arc, blast)
- Approach boundaries (shock and flash)
- Qualified vs. Unqualified vs. Licensed
- Review of safe related work practices (including test meters, over current protection)
- Risk categories using the tables in the NFPA 70E
- PPE with Arc Flash Protection (ATPV or flame retardant)
Days 2-4: 2014 NEC®
- Branch circuits and feeders
- Various calculations
- Conductors and over current protection
- Wiring methods
- Review of raceway and boxes
- Wiring materials: switches, switchboards and panel boards
- Motors, generators, A/C and refrigeration, plus fire pumps
- Special locations
- Understanding the rules for over current protection
- Industrial control panels (Article 409)
- Arc flash labeling (Article 110)
- Motor disconnect location rules (Article 430)
- NEC© 2014 Code Changes
Day 5: NEC® Practical Application & Calculations
- Use code to perform calculations
- Solve common residential/industrial applications
- Size services
- Service and feeder conductors including all required
- Grounding and Bonding conductors
- Size conductors using tables
- Determine overcurrent protection (fuses and breakers)
- Motor overloads
- Size starters
- Size disconnects
1. Select a date and location to register
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
5-Day Lectture: $ 2,249 / Participant
This seminar may be included with other training or as a standalone class. As such, training time depends on seminar length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss pricing and your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local seminar in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training