NFPA 70E: ARC FLASH ELECTRICAL SAFETY w/ Grounding & Bonding – Japan
THIS SEMINAR IS ELIGIBLE FOR AN EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OF $100 IF REGISTERED 60 DAYS OUT (OR MORE) AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED AT CHECKOUT!
Why You should take this seminar
In this NFPA training seminar we combine installation with safe work practices – NFPA 70E / Grounding & Bonding.
Electrical safety training provides you with the education needed to complete your job safely. According to the US Department of Labor, electrocution is one of the main causes of on-the job deaths of industrial workers. Within this group, skilled trades’ personnel—electricians in particular—are two times more likely to be seriously injured or killed than non-skilled trade personnel.
From the beginning, the use of electricity has presented many challenges ranging from how to install a safe electrical system to how to develop minimum code requirements for safe electrical installations. These installations depend on several minimum requirements, many of which are covered in NFPA 70.
This training will also focus on training workers to learn protection fundamentals and performance requirements that are essential for electrical installation, design and inspection. They will also learn how to do this while maintaining the highest level of electrical safety for persons and property.Download Seminar PDF
Who Should Take This Seminar
People who will benefit from attending this NFPA training seminar include:
- Environmental health & safety personnel
- Apprentice and experienced HVAC technicians
- Supervisors working on or who oversee employees working on 50V or greater equipment
- Linemen & Utility workers
- Owners & managers
- Warehouse employees
- Maintenance Technicians
- Energy management personnel
- Fire Alarm Technicians
- Plant & facility maintenance technicians
- Building engineers
- Building managers & superintendents
- Plant & facility managers
- Stationary engineers
- Safety directors
What You'll Learn
Participants of the NFPA 70E training will gain an understanding of electrical safety training as well as a deeper understanding of grounding & bonding. The seminar is a 4-day intensive classroom program – it is split into 2 days of electrical safety training and 2 days of lecture around grounding & bonding best practices
Topics covered during this training include:
- Safety precautions around electricity, grounding and bonding, and more.
- NFPA 70E Arc Flash electrical safety
- Current 2012 NFPA 70E standards
- Why safe electrical work practices are important
- What can be done to ensure your organization meets all government standards for electrical safety.
Participants learn about grounding requirements as they relate to Article 250 and other articles of the National Electrical Code® (NEC). Installation, testing, and inspection procedures for industrial, commercial, institutional and residential power systems are covered. Learn the rules to minimize the risk of electricity as a source of electric shock, and as an ignition source of fires and explosions.
2-days: NFPA 70E Electrical Safety
- Hazards of electricity (shock, arc, blast)
- Approach boundaries (shock and flash)
- Qualified vs. Unqualified vs. Licensed
- Review of safe related work practices (including test meters, over current protection)
- Risk categories using the tables in the NFPA 70E
- PPE with Arc Flash Protection (ATPV or flame retardant)
2-days: Grounding & Bonding
- Fundamentals of grounding and bonding of electrical systems
- Service equipment and man bonding jumpers
- Grounding electrodes/electrode conductors and an electrode system
- Enclosure and equipment grounding
- Clearing ground faults and short circuits
- Ground-fault protection for equipment
- Grounding and bonding for special locations
- Low-voltage and intersystem grounding and bonding
- Grounding and bonding for over 600-Volt systems
- Tables & examples / Basic discussion of a power-quality system
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
4-Day Lecture: $1,275 / Participant
This seminar may be included with other training or as a standalone class. As such, training time depends on seminar length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (855) 712-7353 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss pricing and your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local seminar in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training