Steam Distribution Systems
THIS TRAINING PROGRAM IS ELIGIBLE FOR AN EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OF $100 IF REGISTERED 60 DAYS OUT (OR MORE) AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED AT CHECKOUT!
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
A steam system uses steam boilers to generate steam within a heat system to do industrial work such as turning a turbine to produce electricity, processing materials like food or fiber, or heating a building.
This course covers steam as a system and process. Recognizing that a boiler is a step in the process and not the whole process, students will learn about traps, distribution systems, steam system joints, common maintenance issues and how to diagnose them, steam system safety. Students learn how to audit and document the steam system to maintain optimal safety, performance, and energy efficiency.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact HoursDownload Training Program PDF
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted for Continuing Education recognition by the agency.
Who Should Take This Training Program
People who will benefit from attending this course include:
- Boiler Operators
- Anyone who has a daily use of a steam system
- Steam Asset Care Managers
What You'll Learn
Understand Steam within a “SYSTEM \ Process”
- Understand that a Boiler is a “step in process”, not the whole process
- Concepts and Terminology
- Component parts and the functionality of the parts:
- Distribution systems
- Steam vessels and rotary steam joints
- Heat distribution
- Transfer to condense\condensation
- Return condensate to boiler for re-use
- Steam System Safety Theory
- Steam System Safety Audit
- High Pressure Vessel
Training Program Description
UNDERSTANDING THERMODYNAMICS OF STEAM
- What is steam.
- Def of BTU
- Entropy – Steam table
- Heat Transfer
- What is a Boiler
- Boiler Types
- Controls – Overview
- Flame safeguard
- Water level
STEAM SYSTEM APPLICATIONS and SYSTEM COMPONTENTS
- Oil & Chemical Refinery
- Food – Heat Exchangers – Cooking
- Facility general – Heat for building
- Major Metro Cities and Airports – Steam Distribution Systems
- Industrial Laundry
- Animal Feed Mill
- Types and Design
- Inverted bucket
- F and T
- Equipment used
- Rotary Steam Joints
- Steam Shower
- Pipes and Valves
- emperature control valves
- Types and Design
STEAM SYSTEM AUDIT
- Check List Report
- Activities to improve energy use
- Equipment to improve energy use
NTT Training is actively monitoring the incidence of Covid-19 in the United States. Upcoming events may be impacted by daily changes made by National, State, and Local entities regarding events, travel, and quarantine. Contact us regarding questions for your schedule at 1-855-712-7353.
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Training Program Schedule
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
Training Program Pricing
3-Day Lecture: $1,795 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training or as a standalone course. As such, training time depends on training program length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (855) 712-7353 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss your unique needs.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training