THIS SEMINAR IS ELIGIBLE FOR AN EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OF $100 IF REGISTERED 60 DAYS OUT (OR MORE) AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED AT CHECKOUT!
At the end of this seminar students will be able to:
- Understanding terminology of ultrasonic testing.
- Apply industry best practices of ultrasonic testing within their predictive maintenance program.
- Interpret data correctly from ultrasonic testing to increase equipment reliability.
- Apply effective techniques for operation and use of ultrasonic testers.
Why You should take this seminar
This training will help your workforce evaluate machines and detect flaws that cannot be seen by the human eye. This helps improve predictive maintenance programs and reduce downtime through flaw detection. Ultrasonic testing can be included as an addition to improve any existing maintenance program.Download Seminar PDF
Who Should Take This Seminar
Individuals who will benefit from attending this seminar include:
- Maintenance Technicians
- Energy management personnel
- Plant & facility maintenance technicians
- Building engineers
- Building managers & superintendents
- Plant & facility managers
- Stationary engineers
- Owners & managers
What You'll Learn
This training is created to teach maintenance personnel how to operate ultrasonic testing equipment to enable a preventative/planned maintenance approach to system maintenance. Participants of this training will understand how to conduct flaw detection and thickness gauge of machinery material tests in order to maintain a safe and productive work environment.
Introduction to Ultrasonic Testing
- Definitions of Ultrasonics
- History of Ultra
- Basic Math review
- Levels of qualification
Basic Principles of Acoustics
- Sound waves
- Wave modes
- Sound energy
- Velocity, frequency and wavelength
- Dakota Ultrasonic Tester
- Control functions
Transducer Operations and theory
- Type of transducers
- Sensitivity, resolution and damping
Basic Ultrasonic Testing Methods
- Contact testing
- Immersion testing
- Air coupled ultrasonic application
Principles of Ultrasonics
- Review of ultrasonic testing techniques
- Five basic elements of ultrasonic testing
- Performance checks
- Straight beam / Angle beam calibration
Evaluation of Base Material Product Forms
- Material type
- Material form
Ultrasonic Testing Application
- Flat surface testing
- Curved surface testing
- Irregular surface testing
- Transducer characterization
- Recording of transducer beam profiles
- Analysis of transducer data
- Typical approaches and standards
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
1-Day Hands-On $ 599 / Participants
This seminar is intended to be paired with other programs within predictive maintenance or as a standalone. As such, training time depends on seminar length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss pricing and your unique training needs.
Related Predictive Maintenance Training:
Don’t see a local seminar in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training