Welding Principles and Procedures
THIS SEMINAR IS ELIGIBLE FOR AN EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OF $100 IF REGISTERED 60 DAYS OUT (OR MORE) AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED AT CHECKOUT!
At the end of this seminar students will be able to:
- Understand and perform the basics for Arc, Stick, MIG, FCAW, and other welding techniques
- Apply welding safety, and the principles of weld inspection, into your welding process
Why You should take this seminar
This welding training seminar helps participants understand the complete range of welding practices and procedures, while increasing your proficiency and broadening your capabilities.
Learn about applied metallurgy, welding process applications, safety, principles of weld inspection, and troubleshooting. The course material is in accordance with the American Welding Society.Download Seminar PDF
Who Should Take This Seminar
This is a Process-oriented seminar and thus also great for cross-training. In general, it is designed for welding operators, technicians, and supervisors looking to gain a better understanding of welding repair procedures encountered in a maintenance environment.
People who will benefit from attending this seminar include:
- Welding Technicians
- Maintenance Technicians
- Plant & facility maintenance technicians
- Building engineers
- Building managers & superintendents
- Plant & facility managers
- Stationary engineers
- Owners & managers
What You'll Learn
Topics covered during this training include:
- Understanding Metals
- Introduction to Arc Welding / Arc Welding Basics
- Shielding Metal Arc Welding (Stick)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Metal Cored Arc Welding (MCAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG)
- Welding and Cutting Safety
- Metal Cutting Process
- Principles of Weld Inspection
- Understanding Weld Prints
Agenda topics for this training include:
- Shielded metal arc welding (“stick”)
- Gas metal arc (mig) and flux cored arc welding
- Gas tungsten arc welding (tig)
- Oxy-acetylene flame cutting/gouging
- Oxy-acetylene welding, braze welding, brazing and soldering
- Air carbon arc gouging
- Plasma arc cutting & gouging
- Welding and cutting safety electric arc welding equipment
- Oxygen-acetylene equipment
- Welding certification requirements
- Controlling weld quality
- Understanding metals
- Repair welding principles
- Repair welding procedures
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
4-Day Lecture: $1999 / Participant
This seminar may be included with other training or as a standalone. As such, training time depends on course length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss your unique training needs.
**Please keep in mind you will need to provide the welding equipment.
Don’t see a local seminar in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training