Welding Principles and Procedures
THIS TRAINING PROGRAM IS ELIGIBLE FOR AN EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OF $100 IF REGISTERED 60 DAYS OUT (OR MORE) AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED AT CHECKOUT!
At the end of this training program attendees will be able to:
- Understand and perform the basics for Arc, Stick, MIG, FCAW, and other welding techniques
- Apply welding safety, and the principles of weld inspection, into your welding process
- Certification: This training program is designed to lead to certification through the American Welding Society (AWS). Testing for this certification is administered by NTT Training.
- Why This Training Program
- Who Should Take This Training Program
- What You'll Learn
- Training Program Description
Why You should take this training program
This welding training training program helps participants understand the complete range of welding practices and procedures, while increasing your proficiency and broadening your capabilities.
Learn about applied metallurgy, welding process applications, safety, principles of weld inspection, and troubleshooting. The course material is in accordance with the American Welding Society.
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Contact HoursDownload Training Program PDF
Upon completion of this training program, the attendee will receive a certificate of completion with 8 contact hours (.8 CEUs) per day attended. Please contact your state or local licensing agency to determine if this training program is accepted.
Who Should Take This Training Program
This is a Process-oriented training program and thus also great for cross-training. In general, it is designed for welding operators, technicians, and supervisors looking to gain a better understanding of welding repair procedures encountered in a maintenance environment.
People who will benefit from attending this training program include:
- Welding Technicians
- Maintenance Technicians
- Plant & facility maintenance technicians
- Building engineers
- Building managers & superintendents
- Plant & facility managers
- Stationary engineers
- Owners & managers
What You'll Learn
Topics covered during this training include:
- Understanding Metals
- Introduction to Arc Welding / Arc Welding Basics
- Shielding Metal Arc Welding (Stick)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG)
- Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Metal Cored Arc Welding (MCAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (TIG)
- Welding and Cutting Safety
- Metal Cutting Process
- Principles of Weld Inspection
- Understanding Weld Prints
Training Program Description
Agenda topics for this training include:
- Shielded metal arc welding (“stick”)
- Gas metal arc (mig) and flux cored arc welding
- Gas tungsten arc welding (tig)
- Oxy-acetylene flame cutting/gouging
- Oxy-acetylene welding, braze welding, brazing and soldering
- Air carbon arc gouging
- Plasma arc cutting & gouging
- Welding and cutting safety electric arc welding equipment
- Oxygen-acetylene equipment
- Welding certification requirements
- Controlling weld quality
- Understanding metals
- Repair welding principles
- Repair welding procedures
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
Training Program Schedule
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
Training Program Pricing
4-Day Lecture: $1999 / Participant
This training program may be included with other training or as a standalone course. As such, training time depends on course length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss your unique training needs.
**Please keep in mind you will need to provide the welding equipment.
Don’t see a local training program in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training