Backflow Prevention & Cross Connection Control – On-Site Only
At the end of this seminar students will be able to:
- Learn HVAC concepts as they apply to air conditioning, refrigeration, heating, chillers, boilers, and pneumatic comfort controls
- Perform HVAC operation, preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Why This Seminar
- Who Should Take This Seminar
- What You'll Learn
- Seminar Description
- Price & Schedule
Why You should take this seminar
This 32 hour class provides basic information on backflow prevention, cross connection control, testing procedures and troubleshooting techniques. Topics covered include: hydraulics, assembly operation, regulations, responsibilities, safety, test procedures and troubleshooting. The training will use the Field Test Procedures provided by the ABPA using the five valve configured testing methodology for the Pressure Vacuum Breaker, Spill-Resistant Vacuum Breaker, Double Check Valve and Reduced Pressure Assembly. A 100 question multiple choice written examination and a practical exam will be administered by ABPA following the class.
Note: There are no course prerequisites. However to be eligible for the ABPA exam students must have a high school diploma or equivalent.Download Seminar PDF
Who Should Take This Seminar
This training is essential for all companies, professional plumbers, and personnel responsible for the integrity of their plumbing system.
People who will benefit from this training include:
- Plant & Facility Maintenance Technicians
- Building Engineers
- Stationary Engineers
- Safety Directors
What You'll Learn
This backflow training is intended to prep a workers to successfully test the following valves utilizing the five valve test procedures demonstrated during class.
ASSE 1013 – Reduced Pressure BFPA
ASSE 1015 – Double Check BFPA
ASSE 1020 – Pressure Vacuum Breaker
ASSE 1056 – Spill-Resistant Vacuum Breaker
Topics covered during this training include:
- Identify failure or problems within the assembly while demonstrating the procedures and compensate for them to the extent that the test procedures permit
- Understand the various safety issues surrounding testing backflow prevention assemblies
- The theory of the causes of backflow including backpressure and backsiphonage
- Water hydraulic concepts
- Hazards and precautions posed by backflow prevention assemblies
- Federal, State and Local regulations and the primary responsibilities of agencies within the industry.
- Test Kits
- Introduction to test procedures
- Double Check Valve Installation / Applications
- Double Check Valve Test Procedure
- Reduced Pressure Valve installation/ application
- Reduced Pressure test procedures
- Backflow Prevention Assemblies Applications, Installation and Limitations
- Fire systems
- Federal / State / Local Regulations
- Agency Responsibilities
- Ordinance Development
- Pressure Vacuum Breaker test procedures
- Spill Resistant Vacuum Breaker test procedures
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Troubleshooting techniques
- Day Following Class:
- ABPA written exam / practical Exam
- Exam will be administered by ABPA Proctors
- Results of the exam will not be known to the school.
- All contact by the student regarding the exam must be with ABPA Certification Committee
1. Select a date and location to register
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
5-Days Hands-On Lab + Lecture: $2499 / Participant
This seminar may be included with other training or as a standalone. As such, training time depends on course length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (800) 922-2820 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local seminar in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training