NFPA 70® – National Electric Code® [NEC]: Practical Applications for Building & Facilities
THIS SEMINAR IS ELIGIBLE FOR AN EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OF $100 IF REGISTERED 60 DAYS OUT (OR MORE) AND WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY APPLIED AT CHECKOUT!
At the end of this seminar students will be able to:
- Understand the electrical power systems in your facility – from the incoming utility and service, through the distribution and feeders, down to the branch circuits and controls.
- Make changes to these systems safely, legally (code compliance) and cost effectively.
- Get through initial install inspection smoother, and pass general inspections later.
- Increase reliability \ decrease unplanned down-time.
Why You should take this seminar
Over time the updating of equipment changes the route, load (power requirement), and access-point of electricity. This class allows the employer’s employee team to make these changes safely, legally (code compliance) and cost effectively. This means more reliability with electrical systems working as expected and without unplanned down-time. You will also get through initial install inspection smoother, and pass general inspections later.Download Seminar PDF
Who Should Take This Seminar
While some electrical projects should employ a qualified engineer, the size and scope of many electrical tasks require your personnel to understand basic rules of component sizing and system arrangement.
People who will benefit from this training include:
- Engineers of all disciplines
- Maintenance Managers
- Building Managers
What You'll Learn
Learn how to properly interpret electrical drawings, construction blueprints and schedules. Examine and discuss basic electrical concepts such as voltage drop, conductor fill, short-circuit analysis, kVA ratings, service calculations and grounding and bonding.
Fundamentals of Building & Facility Electrical Systems
- Types of industrial control systems
- Building electrical systems
- Electrical system riser diagram
- Ratings and specifications
- Ohm’s law review
- Interior building distribution
- Transformers—below 600V
- Switchboards and switchgear
- Busway—bus duct
- Distribution centers
- Motor control centers and controls
- Panel boards and load centers
- Lighting contactors and switching
- Disconnects and safety switches
- NEMA enclosures
- Automatic transfer switches for generator systems
- UPS systems—uninterruptible power
- Fire alarm systems
Proper Planning For Design or Modification of Building & Facility Electrical Systems
- National Electrical Code®
- Design standards
- NEC® voltage classifications, basic ampacity rules, calculations, articles, tables and figures
- Voltage drop calculations
- Fault current ratings
- Mock building electrical calculations
1. Select a date and location to register
2. Confirm & Checkout
By clicking the checkbox below, you certify that...
- You are registering to take this class on behalf of your current employer/company and
- My employer/company is paying for this training
Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing.
3-Day Lecture: $1,349 / Participant
This seminar may be included with other training or as a standalone. As such, training time depends on course length as determined by your outcome goals. Please call (855) 712-7353 or CONTACT NTT TRAINING to discuss your unique training needs.
Don’t see a local seminar in your area? Call (855) 712-7353 for more info on schedule and pricing!100% of NTT's offering can be brought to your facility Request On-Site Training